Bulgarian Canning Industry Q1'2008
- In the first quarter of 2008 the production in the canning industry in Bulgaria continued to increase. Compared to the same period of 2007, the increase in the production is by 3.3%.
- The trade balance of the sector for the first quarter of 2008 is negative – EUR 3.3 million, compared to the previous year, when a positive trade balance of EUR 3.4 million was reported. The main reason is the substantial increase in the imports during the reported period.
- The trend of a substantial increase in the import of processed and canned fruits and vegetables in Bulgaria continues. The increase, compared to the first quarter of 2007, is by 36.2%.
Domestic market sales
- The export of canned fruits and vegetables from Bulgaria decreases. Compared to the first quarter of 2007 it is by 26% lower.
- The enterprises, included in the monthly survey of NSI under the shortened nomenclature for the first quarter of 2008, have sold more tomato puree, orange juice and frozen vegetables on the domestic market.
- Less are the sales of frozen fruits, marmalade, jelly and jam.
I . Main trends in the sector
1.2. Trade balance
1.5. Domestic market sales
II . Production
III . Import - Export
3.1. Trade balance
3.2.1. Processed and canned vegetables
3.2.2. Processed and canned fruits
3.2.3. Fruit and vegetable juices
3.3.1. Processed and canned vegetables
3.3.2. Processed and canned fruit
3.3.3. Fruit and vegetable juices
IV . Domestic market sales
V . Areas, yields and production of fruit – crops 2007
VI . Enterprises from the sector
6.1. ISO certified companies
6.2. HACCP certified companies
6.3. GS1 members
6.5. Public companies in the subsector
6.5.1. Kyustendilski Plod JSC - Kyustendil
6.5.2. Florina-Bulgaria JSC - Sofia
VII . Company Digest
VIII . Appendixes
Order sector report
Union of the Processors of Fruit and Vegetables
1000 Sofia, 108, G. S. Rakovski Str.,
4 fl., office 407A
tel. 987 47 43, tel./fax: 980 26 79
е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com