Bulgarian Canning Industry Q2'2009
- The total sales in the Canning industry in Bulgaria by current prices are less by 25.2% compared to the second quarter of 2008 (11.3% in the first quarter or more than 2 times less).
- The drop in the first half-year of 2009 is 23.1% and the decrease of production – 32.4%.
Domestic Market Sales
- The increasing trend of import of processed and canned fruits and vegetables continued in the second quarter. As compared to the second quarter of 2008, the growth is 7.3%. During the first half-year it was 7.6%.
- The decrease of export in the second quarter of 2009 compared to the first one is bigger. In comparison with the same period of 2008, the decrease is 15.3% (9.4% in Q1). During the first half-year the drop of export is 12.6%.
- The increase of export is bigger than that of import, and the negative balance deteriorated by 75.8% in the second quarter and 2.1 times in the first half-year.
- Trade in processed and canned fruits and vegetables continued to grow in the second quarter. In comparison with the same period of 2008 the increase is 12.8% (8.7% in the first quarter). In the first half-year the foreign trade in processed and canned fruits and vegetables grew by 10.8%.
- In the second quarter enterprises, included in the extract of NSI, sold on the domestic market more frozen vegetables, tomato paste, sterilized vegetables and jams and marmalades.
- lower are the domestic sales of juices, frozen fruits, sterilized vegetables and vegetables, preserved with vinegar.
I . MAIN MACROECONOMIC INDICATORS
1.1. Second Quarter (Q2`2009)
1.1.2. Gross Domestic Product
1.1.3. Foreign Trade
1.1.4. Foreign Direct Investments
1.1.7. International Tourism
1.2. First Half-Year (H1`2009)
II . MAIN TRENDS IN THE SECTOR
2.2. Foreign Trade
2.3. Domestic Market Sales
III . PRODUCTION
3.1. Second Quarter
3.2.1. Canned and Processed Vegetables
3.2.2. Canned and Processed Fruits
3.2.3. Fruit and Vegetable Juices
IV . IMPORT - EXPORT
4.1. Foreign Trade Balance
4.1.1. Second Quarter
4.2.1. Second Quarter
4.2.2. First Half-Year
4.2.3. Processed and Canned Vegetables
4.2.4. Processed and Canned Fruits
4.2.5. Fruit and Vegetable Juices
4.3.1. Second Quarter
4.3.2. First Half-Year
4.3.3. Processed and Canned Vegetables
4.3.4. Processed and Canned Fruits
4.3.5. Fruit and Vegetable Juices
V . DOMESTIC MARKET
5.1. Second Quarter
5.2. First Half-Year
VI . COMPANIES FROM THE SECTOR
6.1. Top Companies from the Sector by Net Sales Revenues
6.2. ISO Certified Companies
6.3. HACCP Certified Companies
6.4. GS1 Members
6.5. Public Companies from the Subsector
6.5.1. Kyustendilski Plod JSC – Kyustendil
6.5.2. Florina Bulgaria JSC
VII . COMPANY - DIGEST
VIII . APPENDIXES
Order sector report
Union of the Processors of Fruit and Vegetables
1000 Sofia, 108, G. S. Rakovski Str.,
4 fl., office 407A
tel. 987 47 43, tel./fax: 980 26 79
е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com