Bulgarian Canning Industry 2016
Production and turnover
- Preliminary data from short-term business statistics for 2016 show a 4.4% increase in the canning industry and 8.2% in sales of goods and services compared to 2015.
- The final figures for 2015 show an increase in production volume by 3.5% compared to 2014, and compared to 2011 - by 11.5%. Turnover from sales of goods and services is increasing - compared to 2014 by 3.5% and compared to 2011 - by 15.2%. The share of canning output in the manufacturing industry of the country for 2015 is 1.1%.
Employment and wages
- The number of employees in the sector by the end of 2015 decreased by 3.8% compared to 2014 and by 12.6% compared to 2011. Their share of the total number of employees in the processing industry has decreased during the indicated period - from 1.5% in 2011 to 1.27% in 2015.
- The average monthly salary of employees in the sector increases - compared to 2014 by 12.3% and by 33.6% compared to 2011. Compared to the processing industry, the average monthly wage in the sector in 2015 is lower by 16.4%.
Foreign Direct Investment
- Foreign direct investment in the sector for 2015 increased by 68.4% compared to 2011 and by 6.2% in 2014. The share of foreign direct investments in the sector from foreign direct investments in the food industry is 13.5% in 2015.
- In 2015 the output of processed and preserved fruits and vegetables in Bulgaria recorded an increase. The output of canned vegetables has increased by 9.7% compared to 2014 and to 2011 - by 7%, for processed and preserved fruits - by 31.4% compared to 2014 and by 65.4% compared to 2011.
- The output of fruit and vegetable juices is growing, with an increase of 6% compared to 2014 and by 21.2% compared to 2011.
- The production of sauces until 2014 is increasing and in 2015 a decrease is recorded by 5.8% compared to 2014. Compared to 2011 the increase is by 22.2%.
- The value of the total sales of the producers in 2015 increases by 6.9% compared to 2014 and by 15.4% compared to 2011.
- The quantities of processed and preserved vegetables sold by Bulgarian producers in 2015 are increasing - compared to 2014 by 2.3% and compared to 2011 - the increase is by 10.3%. The total sales of processed and preserved fruits have also shown an increase - compared to 2014 they grew by 17.8% and compared to 2011 - by 19%. Compared to 2014, the total sales of fruit and vegetable juices increased by 8.2%, while compared to 2011 there was a decrease of 6.6%.
- Sauces and spices are the only ones to show a decrease in total sales compared to 2014 by 5.1%, while compared to 2011 there is an increase of 15.6%.
- On the domestic market, there is an increase in the quantities sold by the producers in all product groups, as for: processed and preserved vegetables the increase compared to 2014 is by 1.3% and compared to 2011 - by 16.5%, for processed and preserved fruits – the rise is by 26.1% compared to 2014 and by 18.9% compared to 2011; in fruit and vegetable juices compared to 2014, domestic sales increased by 23.1% and compared to 2011 the rise was by 22.4%.
- Only in domestic sales of sauces and spices there is a decrease compared to 2014 by 8.6%, whereas an increase was indicated with 6.1% compared to 2011.
- The trade in canned fruits and vegetables continues to grow, with an increase by 2.7% in 2016 and by 35.1% compared to 2011. The foreign trade balance for the period 2011-2016 is positive, with an upward trend after 2012.
- The quantities processed and preserved fruits and vegetables imported in 2016 in the country are 3.2% more, while their value is 1.7% less compared to 2015. Compared to 2011, the increase of the imported quantities is by 10.8% higher, while in regard to their value - the increase is 30%. Their share in the import of the country for 2016 is 0.7%.
- An increase is also registered in exports - the exported quantities of canned and processed fruits and vegetables in 2016 are 26.6% more and their value - by 6.5% more than in 2015. Compared to 2011, the increase of the exported quantities is by 43.5% higher, and their value - by 40%. The share of exported canned fruits and vegetables in the country's total exports in 2016 is 0.96%, for 2015 it was 0.92%.
Profitability, liquidity, indebtedness
- Compared to the non-financial sector of the economy, enterprises in the sector “Processing and preserving fruit and vegetables without ready meals” for 2015 are characterized with higher profitability of sales - by 39% and with lower indebtedness ratio - by 2.8%.
- The total liquidity of the canning enterprises in 2015 is higher by 10.2% compared to the non-financial sector, while their fast liquidity is 27.4% lower than that of non-financial enterprises, in total.
I . Economic outlook for the EU-28 and the Eurozone
II . MAIN MACROECONOMIC INDICATORS
2.1. Gross Domestic Product
2.3. Retail sales
2.5. Foreign Investments
2.7. Wages and Income
2.8. International tourism
2.9. Consolidated budget
III . Main trends in the canning industry
3.1. Production and turnover
3.2. Employment and wages
3.3. Foreign Direct Investments
3.6. Foreign trade
3.7. Profitability, liquidity, indebtedness
IV . Key economic indicators in the sector
4.1. Production and turnover
4.2. Employed persons and salaries
4.3. Labour productivity
4.4. Foreign direct investment in the sector
V . Production
5.1. Preliminary data for 2016
5.2. Annual data (2011-2015)
VI . Producer sales
6.1. Preliminary data for 2016 г.
6.2. Annual data (2011–2015)
6.2.1. Processed and preserved vegetables
6.2.2. Processed and preserved fruits
6.2.3. Vegetable and fruit juices
6.2.4. Sauces and spices
VII . Import - Export
7.1. Foreign trade balance
7.2.1. Processed and preserved vegetables
7.2.2. Processed and preserved fruits
7.2.3. Vegetable and fruit juices
7.3.1. Processed and preserved vegetables
7.3.2. Processed and preserved fruits
7.3.3. Vegetable and fruit juices
7.4. Import and export of fresh fruits and vegetables
7.4.1. External-trade balance
7.5. Regional markets
7.5.1. Import for 2016
7.5.2. Export for 2016
VIII . Enterprises in the sector
8.1. Assets and liabilities
8.2. Profitability, liquidity, indebtedness
8.2.4. Financial Stability Ratio
8.3. Certified companies
8.4. HACCP Certified Companies
8.5. Members of GS1
8.6. Competition, market share
8.6.1. Leading companies in sales revenue
8.6.2. Leading companies in profits
8.6.3. Leading companies in Noncurrent Assets
8.6.4. Leading companies in employees
8.7. Public companies in the sector
IX . Companies – DIGEST
X . Legal framework in the sector
XI . APPENDIXES
Order sector report
Union of the Processors of Fruit and Vegetables
1000 Sofia, 108, G. S. Rakovski Str.,
4 fl., office 407A
tel. 987 47 43, tel./fax: 980 26 79
е-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org